Saturday, August 2, 2014

Do you believe in ghosts?

I've never seen a ghost. I do however believe that there is a spirit world, something of another realm, which we cannot see. Growing up, there were a few instances, where unexplained things happened and we don't know what they were. A previous owner of my parents home, hung himself in the basement. His name was Mr. Peterson. One night my sister, while sleeping, felt a tap on the shoulder. She says, that she looked at the clock and the time said 3:33. She turned over and saw a ghostly face. She described it as having a purpleish color, round and pudgy with beedie eyes and round glasses. She turned over, then looked back and it was gone. The next morning, when she told us the story, we laughed and thought she was crazy. We told her it was just a dream. We all forgot about it, until one day, my father was talking to our neighbor, who was an elderly lady, who had lived there for years. For the heck of it, he asked her jokingly, what the Mr. Peterson who had lived in our house previously had looked like. She said, that he was a pudgy man, with a round face, glasses and beedie eyes! That's when the hairs on the back of my father's head stood up.

Another time, my father and I had came home late in the evening and were wathcing T.V. My mother had gone to the movies with one of her friends. As we were watching television, we thought she was upstairs getting ready for bed. We heard someone walking around, the floorboards creeking and thumping. It wasn't until she came walking throught the back door, that we realized it wasn't her upstairs. My father and I just looked at each other shocked. We both immediatly thought someone had broken in and was hiding upstairs. We searched every closet and checked under all of the beds. Nothing. To this day, we still can't explain it. Was it Mr. Peterson again? Who knows?

Just the other day, my wife brought our infant son, downstairs to nurse as he had woken up about 3 o'clock in the morning. We have a monitor in his room. As I went upstairs to bed that night, I had forgotten to turn off the monitor we have downstairs in our family room. As my wife was laying on the couch, nursing the baby back to sleep, she heard somthing rustling and scratching on the monitor in his room. It wasn't me, I was fast asleep across the hall. My wife was freaked out and switched the monitor off. It seems, every picture we take in my son's room, there are orbs, or tiny balls of light around him. When he was only weeks old, he would stare at the ceiling in the corner of his bedroom and laugh and smile. As we would carry him out, he would follow whatever it was he was looking at. Could it be his guardian angel? One, or more of his great grandparents, or great-great grandparents in spirit form, coming to visit him and make him laugh? Whatever it was, it wasn't scaring him. He was happy. Have any of you had experiences like this? Leave a comment and let us know.

JP

1 comment: